Bonding pool copeing form mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelec

Hello
I'm bonding a unground pool.
The top is all plastic plastic sections. The bottom is vermiculite

It's an existing pool being totally redone. The top part has blow out patches in several areas for light and skimmer or just filling what was there with thin gauge sheet metal. So I bonded each one of the patches.

Around the pool perimeter their going to pour like a 8x8 base fir the coping to sit on. There going to use mess ( I think like the expanded metal type they gets nailed down when you float a floor or the type that gets put on your foundation if you redo that). Does this mesh need bonding ?

One more question. Going to a deck box for light. Are there any issues going through other junction boxes before that deck box. As if I wanted to feed the convenience receptacle then the deck box with the same conduit run. Thank you

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
look int the Grounding and Bonding forum. its not a Q about if the mesh needs bonding, its a Q on how you must provide a "grid" and bond it. check in the Grounding and Bonding forum.

but in general, i would bond that mesh. there are also some good Mike Holt videos on this topic, search U toob.

Last edited:

ritelec

look int the Grounding and Bonding forum. its not a Q about if the mesh needs bonding, its a Q on how you must provide a "grid" and bond it. check in the Grounding and Bonding forum.

but in general, i would bond that mesh. there are also some good Mike Holt videos on this topic, search U toob.

Thanks. I agree with you on the mesh.
But. From what he says now he's going to form it and pour.
We will see. Thanks again

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
as far as your equipmen t grounding conductor for your light, check 680.23(F),
With few exceptions, it must be run unbroken back to the source.

ritelec

Thank you .

I caught that a while back. So I do bring separate egc,s out as long as one for the light is unbroken.
Boxes ahead if that deck box is ok.

I'll reread that section.

Please also confirm that I have this correct but that a deck box does not need an epb unless it's five feet from pool and is made of metal . It only gets the egc

Thank you

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Normally the perimeter surfaces definitely need bonding regardless of the construction. Are you saying the perimeter surface will be plastic ??
The pool light box must be at least 4 ft horizontally from the inside wall of the pool and it does not connect to the equipotential bond but does need an unbroken equipment ground

ritelec

Ok. Great Thank you. Now. How do I get my truck off my mind?
Ford e250. Extended warranty expired. Trans failed with under 60 k miles.

Ford doesn't want to hear it. $3100 to rebuild has been getting to me.

I know it's only money. It's only stuff. Just didn't need that financial hit right now.

Thanks a lot ford.

Five fords later. Will bring my next purchase elsewhere.

DONT BUY FORD. DONT FEED THE FORD FAMILY COFFERS. QUALITY IS NOT JOB ONE.

ok. Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now .....NOT !!!!!!

Can I put an equipotential bonding jumper up William clay fords ars. And attach it to all the directors arses? Can I use #8 stranded or should it be solid?

Thanks again.

John120/240

I know it's only money. It's only stuff. Just didn't need that financial hit right now.

Thanks a lot ford.

Can I put an equipotential bonding jumper up William clay fords ars. And attach it to all the directors arses? Can I use #8 stranded or should it be solid?

Thanks again.

Similar situation, manufacturer fails to own up to a gross defect. Fix the transmission. Then drive around town with a big yellow lemon on the roof with magnetic door signs stating your displeasure.

mark32

Thanks a lot ford.

Thanks again.

I do like Ford but at the moment my '02 F150 cranks but won't start. I believe it's the fuel pump as I don't hear it running, plus there's no sign of fuel when I depress the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. The pump is in the tank so it has to be dropped or take the bed off, $$, blah. Even so, all makes/models have issues of their own, but it is aggravating going into your pocket for such repairs :(

To continue to derail this thread, I saw a SWEEET all black Dodge Ram 1500 the other day. No badges, nice wheels, short bed, just a real sweet truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.