Bonding CATV service

Status
Not open for further replies.

dime

I have been requested to install a new bond jumper for an existing CATV service and satellite dish. The home has resently had both the service and panel up-graded and relocated which is the reason for the new bonding jumper. Also, the satellite dish and system were never bonded. The old service and panel were located on the west side of the home. The CATV and phone service remain on the west side of the home. The new service is now underground and located in a detached garage on the east side of the home with a fused disconnect. The new sub-panel is located in the center of the home in a utility closet. My question is, can I run a 6 awg copper bond conductor from the old ground rod on the east side of the home thru the crawl space and up into the new panel ground lug or will I have to run thru the crawl space to the east side of the home and then trench to the new ground rods at the new service? This question also applies to the satellite dish mounted on the east end of the roof. Fortunately this home is a ranch.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Re: Bonding CATV service

Sat dish and CATV ground block would be connected to the "old" ground rod. You need to bond it to the new ground rods. I would want to keep the bonding conductor completely outside the house rather than run it in the crawl space.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.