bonding above ground pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim6476

I was wondering if anyone had run into a similar situation? I am running a #8 solid ground around the contour of an above ground pool that is sitting on a concrete pad. With the pool sitting on the pad their is only a 10" lip of concrete around it except for a 10ft wide concrete walkway up to the pool the concrete was existing so the rebar was not bonded. How do you finish the bonding ring? I know saw cutting the concrete would be one way but if I could get around not doing that it would be preferred.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
You could drive a stick of rigid under the walkway, then run the bond wire through, then pull out the rigid, and continue around the pool with the bond wire. You may have to dig out a little on each side of the walkway.

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
I would think driving 2 -3 grounds rods in the ground and bond the #8 to them or bury a bare #2 in the ground at a approved depth and bond the #8 to that. I'd think that would be better than nothing.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I wish people would state whether their above ground pool meets the definition of storable or permanent. That is, is the pool is deeper than 42".

Status
Not open for further replies.