Blind Leading Blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesterlectric

Occupation
Electrician
Has anyone heard of Thompson Learning? They claim to have exam practice tests and even offer courses, but they seem not to know what they are talking about. In their 25 question test, 4 of the questions it seems have errors. Wondering how people like this get to teach.

1624371682275.png
388.120 says exactly that they shall be permitted to be so identified.

1624371705255.png
410.130G says for other than dwelling units, and then has an exception not requiring it for hazardous classified locations.

1624371742878.png
Possibly just bad wording of the question. The device is not allowed to be mounted on a cover. It is also not permitted to be mounted on a non-removeable part. However, if the question was “select which one is false”. Then #1 and #2 would need to be selected. So being that the question was worded the way it was, selecting #3 makes most sense.

1624371765511.png
Never heard of a 3 circuit rule. 90.8B says varyingly restricted.

Attachments

• 1624371731395.png
    1624371731395.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 7

yesterlectric

Occupation
Electrician
Maybe you are supposed to select more than one answer?
It says wrong the second you select the answer. There's no select then submit. It highlights the "correct" answer immediately, and in most of those causes the "correct" answer would not be "one" of the correct answers. In most cases they are totally off base. So no, I don't think it's a matter of selecting multiple.

Haven't paid. They let you take those tests before you pay, which I guess is to their credit. Try before you buy. Don't buy. I'm actually impressed with the amount that in many topics, unqualified people somehow get positions where they can charge all kinds of fees to teach things (meaning: narrate power point slides) that they know nothing about. Some time ago I tried to use their auto chat function to report the errors and they never replied.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
It says wrong the second you select the answer. There's no select then submit. It highlights the "correct" answer immediately, and in most of those causes the "correct" answer would not be "one" of the correct answers. In most cases they are totally off base. So no, I don't think it's a matter of selecting multiple.

Haven't paid. They let you take those tests before you pay, which I guess is to their credit. Try before you buy. Don't buy. I'm actually impressed with the amount that in many topics, unqualified people somehow get positions where they can charge all kinds of fees to teach things (meaning: narrate power point slides) that they know nothing about. Some time ago I tried to use their auto chat function to report the errors and they never replied.
I have had some experience with something similar. There is a safety "expert" that comes in once a year to "train" the engineers in all necessary safety issues. He usually takes about 3 hours, most of which consists of a short powerpoint presentation on a specific subject, followed by a test, followed by all present signing a form acknowledging they have been "trained".

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I have had some experience with something similar. There is a safety "expert" that comes in once a year to "train" the engineers in all necessary safety issues. He usually takes about 3 hours, most of which consists of a short powerpoint presentation on a specific subject, followed by a test, followed by all present signing a form acknowledging they have been "trained".
Sounds a lot more like CE than acceptable initial training.

Status
Not open for further replies.