Attic sub-panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
This is one I recently pulled out. Previous homeowner did a “remodel” and this was the kitchen panel. Idk how this passed an inspection, but it did. This was about 40’ from the attic access directly over the kitchen.

I did the buyers inspection on this house 4 years ago and found it. Finally got the service replaced a few weeks ago and installed a 60-space QO load center.

6266059139477756846131d65480feb4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Only one tripped breaker; I'm impressed. :cool:

They told me it happened on a regular basis. Idk how they went so long with the panel up there.

They added a pantry which required removing the wall the main panel was in. It was a nightmare of a job even without the rattlesnakes in the crawl space.

Ended up removing a section of flooring around the panel to reach underneath while they waited on the snake wrangler.

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
No AFCI; no labeling?
Oh yeh, probably passed because of headroom working clearance as was existing dwelling? 😏

Last edited:

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
They told me it happened on a regular basis. Idk how they went so long with the panel up there.

They added a pantry which required removing the wall the main panel was in. It was a nightmare of a job even without the rattlesnakes in the crawl space.

Ended up removing a section of flooring around the panel to reach underneath while they waited on the snake wrangler.

You sir get a star for that day, good thing about living in the Northwoods, no snakes

“ shoot low boys their riding shetland ponies”

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
. It was a nightmare of a job even without the rattlesnakes in the crawl space.

South Georgia seems to have a few of those! LOL! I was working on one of the boss’s hunting lodges down there, and there was a snake skin at the crawspace door. Yeah, my helper got selected to crawl in there! LOL!

James L

Occupation
Electrician
South Georgia seems to have a few of those! LOL! I was working on one of the boss’s hunting lodges down there, and there was a snake skin at the crawspace door. Yeah, my helper got selected to crawl in there! LOL!
My uncle rewired his own house back in the 80s on a homeowner's permit. He wasn't so sure about his attic work, so he thought of an idea. He had found a really big snake skin outside, and decided he'd put it just inside the attic access.

Inspector saw it, immediately came down off his ladder and passed the wiring 😁😁👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.