Armoured Cable requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschenk

Occupation
Electrical Designer
Greetings all,

I am working designing the electrical system for a portable shelter and am having trouble determining if I need to use armored cable or if I can get away with using SOOW or other flexible type cable. I have to create multi-conductor cable harnesses with circular mil spec connectors that connect to equipment inside a room. The harnesses will be securely strapped to a wall. Depending on the harness , it will have have a breaker upstream or the signals ae current limited. This shelter application is not for general public use, and the risk of mechanical damage to these harnesses during and after installation is minimal. I would considered these class 1 circuits but don't meet the low or extra low voltage requirements.

Thoughts?

aschenk

Occupation
Electrical Designer
After doing more review of the code, looks like TC-ER type cable will work for my application.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
After doing more review of the code, looks like TC-ER type cable will work for my application.
Looking at uses not permitted it seems like in your application type TC would have to be in a tray or raceway not "strapped to the wall"

Status
Not open for further replies.