Any of you guys buy fasteners in bulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0x1

Oh yeah, but what really made me mad was when employees said the phase tape in their bags was their personal tape they had bought.

Roger

...probably 35 too.

If you need something, ask me and ill likely give it to you. Don't ask? I don't care if its a couple wirenuts or something expensive -we have a problem.

kwired

Electron manager
wtf...probably 35 too.

If you need something, ask me and ill likely give it to you. Don't ask? I don't care if its a couple wirenuts or something expensive -we have a problem.
Couple wirenuts or some screws, staples, etc. can easily come home in pockets unintentionally. Sometimes they may come back in pockets the next day, sometimes they don't.

Todd0x1

Couple wirenuts or some screws, staples, etc. can easily come home in pockets unintentionally. Sometimes they may come back in pockets the next day, sometimes they don't.

Yeah and that is ok and to be expected. I was speaking to directly taking things to use.

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
...probably 35 too.

Even more of a problem if they borrow a tool out of your bag without asking first. And I'm not even talking about thieves,
just guys that weren't taught right.

Jerramundi

Occupation
Licensed Residential Electrician
Intent is the issue.. and dang near impossible to prove, unfortunately. That's why having a personal code of ethics is important. I used to always empty my pockets of wire nuts and fittings accidentally, but would always return them the next day.

I did have one boss that really me over... and upon discovering months after leaving the job, that I honestly and legitimately forgot to return a rigid hand held threader, let's just say I was in no rush to get it back to him ;) Not saying it's right. Just saying, treat your people well... and if they have any character, they will treat you well in return.

Even more of a problem if they borrow a tool out of your bag without asking first. And I'm not even talking about thieves, just guys that weren't taught right.

Well that's just it, and a lot of people forget (or never head of) the Golden Rule. (And I'll loan you that tool, but put it back in my hand. Not in my bag, not next to my lunchbox, in my hand.)

Kind of in the personal-use department-
The office had a postage meter, unlocked and always ready to use. Same for the copier. The rule was that if you needed to mail something, just write that down in the book to account for it. Pretty much every one did because anything under a dollar or two was conveniently forgotten by the office manager. OTOH if you wanted to do a larger mailing, just give her a check for the postage you used and all is good. Same for the copier- a couple of pages is fine, past that bring your own paper. It all worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.