Anaconda Type EF flexible conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Yes, within the limitations of Section 501.10(B)(2) and 501.30 and Article 350. (It's just brand named LFMC)

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Thanks for the catch Don, apparently Anaconda "Sealtight" is unlisted but the common data sheet claims Type EF is LFMC which is technically false advertising.
I believe it still is LFMC, but just not of the listed type. Around here, when you order LFMC from the supply houses, you will get the non-listed version unless you specify otherwise. I believe Anaconda has at least 3 versions of "sealtight". Type EF, Type UA (listed) and Type ZHUA (high temperature, listed).

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
I believe it still is LFMC, but just not of the listed type. Around here, when you order LFMC from the supply houses, you will get the non-listed version unless you specify otherwise. I believe Anaconda has at least 3 versions of "sealtight". Type EF, Type UA (listed) and Type ZHUA (high temperature, listed).
Then it is strongly misleading at best. Very similar to various C-H claims of UL "compliance" for non-listed fittings. To me, "LFMC" means it is compliant with Article 350. Of course, there was a time that Section 350.6 didn't exist and then it might have been considered LFMC - but it isn't now. This is one reason I specifically mentioned Article 350 in my original response.

kwired

Electron manager
I agree and will say about all I ever see is type EF.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If it isn’t listed it can’t be LFMC. Listing is a requirement. Doesn’t mean it can’t be sold or used but it isn’t LFMC per Code.
The listing requirement is not part of the definition in 350.2. Type EF meets that definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.