Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

xptpcrewx

Power System Engineer
Occupation
Licensed Electrical Engineer, Licensed Electrical Contractor, Certified Master Electrician
I’m looking for a small handheld ammeter that will show current flow direction.
phase angle measurements or phasor diagram is fine, I don’t care which. I just want to compare voltage angle to current angle.
I found this online and was wondering if anyone has one and your thoughts on this meter. I’ve never heard of Tenma meters..

data sheet: https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2724208.pdf
I've only used clunky equipment for phase angle measurement. Nothing handheld. Never heard of Tenma meters either.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Thought I would follow this up..

Meter came in about three days later. Even came with batteries. They were crap batteries that died about two weeks ago.(of course)

The meter works great. So far it’s a great $165 purchase. Bought this myself because I intend on taking it with me when I retire shortly..

Shows 360 degrees for in phase resistive loads.
Turn the clamp around it shows 180 for a bench test.
Of course, you‘ve got to have voltage probes on the same phase to get the angles to show.

My main reason for wanting this is solar installations. When I check amps at a site I want to know what’s feeding what.
With this meter I can now see directionality of current flow, along with kW, kWh, V, I, etc…

Status
Not open for further replies.