Amateur radio antenna grounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grego

New User
Occupation
Carpenter
I have a Amateur ham radio antenna attached to a shed,in the rear corner of my property. It is mounted on a water pipe mast at 50’ in height top of antenna. I have the coax and pipe grounded at the base to 2 ground rods. with a lightning arrester mounted to the coax. #4 stranded ground wire running to a detached garage and attached to the end of my underground electrical service ground Rod. Mounted to the wall is a single point ground bar, next to the electrical service where coax enters the garage, attached to another lightning arrester.
I have a 10’ separation from the garage to my house.
My question I cannot find a answer too is : Do I need to continue to run a ground wire #6 minimum, around to the front of my house, and attach to the main service entrance grounding system?
Thanks in advance,
Greg.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This site is designed for:
  • Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

To better help us serve you, please be sure to update your account details with your occupation field and location if you have not done so already. You can access your account details by clicking on your account name at the top right of the page when on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.