Air Supported Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreeder1

A developer in my community is planning on erecting an air supported structure. This "building" is to house Softball, Soccer, Wedding receptions.etc. The structure will be 330ft.X 220 ft.X 65 ft. How does the N.E.C. view air supported structures, in that there is nothing solid to hang lighting or any other power requirements of the building ?

ron

Re: Air Supported Structure

They will have to offer some type of support and structure for lighting etc. In the event the bubble collapses (purposely or accidental), the structure will have to be somewhat flexible.
There are no specific provisions for a inflatable building.

pierre

Re: Air Supported Structure

I have worked on just such a project. The shell has extra support of fabric and a metal strap to support remote ballast fixtures. The fixtures consist of a very light weight reflector and the lamp. The fixture is fed with a flexible cord and wired back to a twist lock cord cap. The ballasts are all located in a separate building. My advice is to have as much work prepared as possible before the structure is inflated. I always hated working in those man lifts and the 'bubble' lights can be 25 feet in elevation at the highest point. Also new lamps are good to reduce the maintenance.

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.