About DFCI breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piramyd

Hi there !

I'm looking for some recommendation regarding how hook up the DFCI neutral pigtail
in the case you have a Residential panel were the neutral bus is short and far away from the DFCI location.

May be this question is a silly one, but is it possible prolong the neutral pigtail to get the neutral bus?
If the answer is yes, which is the best way to do that?

I have other alternatives like redistribute some breakers, but I prefer not to do it because the charge balance
is gonna be unbalanced.

Thank you for some help.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Short length of conductor and a wirenut as RJ said. Perfectly acceptable to lengthen the conductor that's too short, we do it all of the time.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Hi there !

I'm looking for some recommendation regarding how hook up the DFCI neutral pigtail
in the case you have a Residential panel were the neutral bus is short and far away from the DFCI location.

May be this question is a silly one, but is it possible prolong the neutral pigtail to get the neutral bus?
If the answer is yes, which is the best way to do that?

I have other alternatives like redistribute some breakers, but I prefer not to do it because the charge balance
is gonna be unbalanced.

Thank you for some help.
What is a DFCI?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I thought it was a typo in the title, then saw the same thing in the body of the thread. Either a double typo, someone doesn't know the correct term, or maybe the dual function.

Status
Not open for further replies.