772 voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
An old timer asked
How do you get 772 v
If you know the answer
Your a good electrician
Anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. That's pretty close to PP on a 460.

other than that, I had a tester that was measuring that or close to it when the poco transformer bank had failed. I used to loop it around my neck with the tester in one hand and a lead in the other. After watching a significant spark leap from probe to test point a couple times, I discontinued that practice. I am not known for quick thinking.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If that was a line to line voltage of a wye system, the line to neutral voltage would be 445V, so it would be odd to be specifically 772V if that were the case. The L-L voltage on a wye where the L-N is 440 would be 762V. I have run across that on large Weg crusher motors, where they use 762V in mines to help with voltage drop I guess. But 772 doesn't line up with anything standard.

I think it's the line to neutral voltage of s 480 V system being read by someone with dyslexia. 277 vs 772...:p

JFletcher

Should be 277volts, but you have dyslexia.

Probably a temporary condition from coming into contact with 277V. :D

I looked up 772V, figuring it was a foreign, off shore, mining, or obsolete voltage. Even looked up electric chairs. I hope OP comes back to tell us, even if it's a horrible pun.

I seem to recall the 900HP 4160V blower motors at the plant having an odd voltage on the rotor, something like 775V 700A, but cant find it now.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Probably a temporary condition from coming into contact with 277V. :D

I looked up 772V, figuring it was a foreign, off shore, mining, or obsolete voltage. Even looked up electric chairs. I hope OP comes back to tell us, even if it's a horrible pun.

I seem to recall the 900HP 4160V blower motors at the plant having an odd voltage on the rotor, something like 775V 700A, but cant find it now.

There is 400/690Y and 415/720Y used in some European supplies for factories, so I guess its close enough, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.