705.12(B)(2)(3) without a main breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisremo

Occupation
electrician
I have a set of drawings that show a 125amp rated service panel without a main breaker and with the following breakers
2/125 for subpanel
2/60
2/30
2/30
with the intent to add a 2/35 backfed solar breaker.

My question is, is there a way this would comply with (B)(2)(3)?

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
It doesn't have to comply with 705.12(B) because it's a supply side connection. 705.12(A) or 705.11 depending on your code cycle.

Separate issue... It does seem like that panel might be overloaded.
230.90 exception 3 (which a lot of people aren't aware of) might allow that many breakers if the load calculation is less than 125A. But the numbers you posted seem excessive. Might want to look into the load calc before bringing an inspector out to look at that.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
It doesn't have to comply with 705.12(B) because it's a supply side connection. 705.12(A) or 705.11 depending on your code cycle.

Separate issue... It does seem like that panel might be overloaded.
230.90 exception 3 (which a lot of people aren't aware of) might allow that many breakers if the load calculation is less than 125A. But the numbers you posted seem excessive. Might want to look into the load calc before bringing an inspector out to look at that.
I have a set of drawings that show a 125amp rated service panel without a main breaker and with the following breakers
2/125 for subpanel
2/60
2/30
2/30
with the intent to add a 2/35 backfed solar breaker.

My question is, is there a way this would comply with (B)(2)(3)?
Is there a service disconnect upstream from the 125A service panel? If so, then it is a load side connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.