Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
('08 Code)
I have a roof top DC system to an inverter with ground-fault protection connecting the 480v interactive system by a breaker in MDP.
Am I correct in reading 690.47 that my equipment grounding conductors will satisfy the grounding and no grounding electrode (other that the existing AC service) is required ??

Smart $

Esteemed Member
('08 Code)
I have a roof top DC system to an inverter with ground-fault protection connecting the 480v interactive system by a breaker in MDP.
Am I correct in reading 690.47 that my equipment grounding conductors will satisfy the grounding and no grounding electrode (other that the existing AC service) is required ??
You left out a lot detail... :huh:

But essentially, yes, provided all the conditions of 690.47(C)(1) through (8) are met. :D

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
('08 Code)

In the '08 code, no.
You've got 690.47(D).

(It doesn't really make any sense, and a lot AHJs won't require it, but it's there.)

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
In the '08 code, no.
You've got 690.47(D).

(It doesn't really make any sense, and a lot AHJs won't require it, but it's there.)

a. If the roof-top array is fastened to the structural steel meeting 250.52 that would suffice ?
b. Does the '11 Code ease the requirement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.