#6 solid from service to jaquizi motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwill

recently saw this at new construction site. single family residence putting in jaquizi. #6 solid run from outside panel through house and attached to shell of motor. where in code book (2005 currently used in Texas)is this listed any help would be appreciated.
thanks Dr Will

pierre

Re: #6 solid from service to jaquizi motor

If you really mean Jacuzzi (Hydromassage tub), Art 680, Part VII. If you mean a Spa or Hot tub, it is Art 680, Part IV.

Take a look at the FPN that follows 680.26

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)

be careful to also check you mfg. installation instructions. soke show it as a requirement, thus 110.3(B) applies.

peter d

Originally posted by augie47:
be careful to also check you mfg. installation instructions. soke show it as a requirement, thus 110.3(B) applies.
Here is a quote from Don G (resqcapt19):

110.3(B) only requires compliance with instructions that are part of the listing and labeling.
Don

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)

true.....and perhaps I will one day be taken to task, but when I'm in the field inspecting and the mfg.s instructions call for someting in their installation instructions, especially of a safety nature, there will be compliance, or a whole bunch of written documentation as to why not, before I will approve the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.