30v between neutral to ground when power completely off

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Surge protectors are for absorbing brief transients and not for clamping continuous overvoltage conditions.

I am not going to be much help with determining if there is RF issues causing this.

Try turning off all power and disconnecting the grounded service conductor as well as any other grounding conductors that leave the premises and then checking for these stray voltages again. If isolated from outside by incoming conductors/conductive objects such as water, gas piping, communications cable shields, etc. and you still have voltage then it is coming from within and the RF could be a possibility.

Metallicbeing

Occupation
Electrician
If you're already sure that everything is put together as it should be...

RF Energy inducing voltage into conductors throughout the house (They're acting as antennas) is most likely what's causing this issue. I doubt that you'll be able to help them beyond providing a proper continuous EGC. Everything else will need to be shielded from the RF Energy that's permeating the house.

Emerino22, I guess my final suggestion would be to make sure that EGC is solid all the way back to the Main Panel. Get POCO out to record the voltages over time (it's free, at least here it is). That'll help with the homeowner's case with the transmission towers. Maybe they'll help provide the homeowner with a Faraday's Cage (Grounded Metal Shielding) for the house. Suggest that the homeowner see what's going on with the neighbors. The more people in on this, the better their case will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.