3-Way Dimmer WIFI Switch Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasta1234

Hello,

I am looking for a 3-Way Smart WIFI dimmer switch that will work with the following configured boxes below. I am perfectly fine with the second switch not being able to dim the lights, just turn them on/off.

Box1: Hot, Traveler1, Traveler2, Ground
Box2: Load, Traveler1, Traveler2, Ground, Neutral

It seems i essentially need a 3 way wifi dimmer smart switch that will work with a dumb standard switch since i don't have a neutral in Box1. Every unit i have looked into seems to use a very different method of connection when used as a 3-way and or requires a neutral on both sides in most cases.

This switch by FEIT (DIMWIFI3) seems like it would do the trick, except its hard to find and has horrible reviews of failure.
1578519735985.png

Levitons DW1KD-1BZ only shows its wiring using there proprietary remote switch.
1578519488848.png
My question is can that remote switch be a normal traditional switch (which wouldn't need a neutral, like the feit model) if i don't want the remote dimming capabilities ?

If you guys have any other switche/suggestions that could work in my configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I've been using Meross 3-way WiFi dimmers. My first choice would be TP-Link but as of yet they do not make them.

synchro

Occupation
EE
Do you have a cable or conduit connecting box1 to box2 with a 3-wire switch loop (hot, traveler1, traveler2)?
If it's a cable I assume there's no white wire that you can connect to the box2 neutral? ...Just confirming what your situation is.
If it's conduit, adding a neutral wire would normally be relatively easy unless you have some special circumstances.

Legrand has a wi-fi 3-way dimmer switch needing only two wires plus ground between switches. Unfortunately for you one of them is neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.