3 phase service to commercial laundry mat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfork2020

Occupation
Electrician
I need to supply a load letter to the electrical inspector for a laundry mat.The Existing service size is 200 amp three phase 120/208 Fed from a meter bank located outdoors . I took name plate ratting of all appliances as follows
12, 3 phase 19.6/11.0Amps 120/208-240
6, 120 V A/C Amps20.0 / 10 120/208-240
27, washers 208-240 Amps 6.2 phase 1, or 3

All dryers are gas they have a power panel , and a second panel feeding a 60 Amp heat pump 3 phase , and a 3 phase 70 Amp large blower unit with strip heaters.Also they have a 3 phase 100 Amp panel for receptacles lighting and a couple of the washing machines that were added. What is this calculation, and there should be a multiplier of 1.73 I believe this should be correct how does the formula equal to this load or does this service need to be 400 Amp 3 phase ? Looking for the correct formula? Thanks

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
You need to do an Article 220 calculation. Are you a trained electrician?
Regardless sfork2020 hire an EE to do this calculation for you, as it seems its something your not experienced in. It should take about 3-6 hours including a site visit.

sfork2020

Occupation
Electrician
Yes that’s what my friend also told me to do they’re getting the highest bill they had which was in July thank you!

kwired

Electron manager
Yes that’s what my friend also told me to do they’re getting the highest bill they had which was in July thank you!
Highest bill may or may not have the highest demand on it. It can be a reason to look at that one though.

100kWhr over 30 days vs 100kWhr in a week is still 100kWhr, but the one attained in one week is more likely to have a higher peak demand during that period.

sfork2020

Occupation
Electrician
Ok Thank you for for your advice I’m at the point that I must calculate the load for this project and looks like the service, is need of upgrading also .

Status
Not open for further replies.