3- Phase power from remote panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Looking at a remodeled Deli wiring. In this building not separated by any firewall she has a Laundry mat and the new deli, Same owner running both location. Each building meter separate with One service lateral.
She needs 3-phase for her stove and I will have to come off the Laundry Panel since that is the only 3-phase panel. Since this is under same occupant, just different uses. Do I need anything special??
She mentioned Her buddy that another EC but can't get to her as soon as I can talked with inspector, and inspector said he needs an emergency Disconnect.
I can see how that would be nice.
Though since this is all under one owner ship I don't see a need for it. Since she has access to both panels.

Am I missing something.
I will be calling POCO to get load data to see if she can even power the 50 amp stove off that Panel.

norcal

If ownership of the business' were split for some reason it will be a problem, that is one reason it is not desirable.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Looking at a remodeled Deli wiring. In this building not separated by any firewall she has a Laundry mat and the new deli, Same owner running both location. Each building meter separate with One service lateral.
She needs 3-phase for her stove and I will have to come off the Laundry Panel since that is the only 3-phase panel. Since this is under same occupant, just different uses. Do I need anything special??
She mentioned Her buddy that another EC but can't get to her as soon as I can talked with inspector, and inspector said he needs an emergency Disconnect.
I can see how that would be nice.
Though since this is all under one owner ship I don't see a need for it. Since she has access to both panels.

Am I missing something.
I will be calling POCO to get load data to see if she can even power the 50 amp stove off that Panel.
Emergency disconnect for the entire service or just the stove circuit??

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
service disconnects for the deli is right behind the meter. The Laudrymat is inside the lundrymat about 60 feet through the attic. Around these parts the old electrical Inspetor allowed any distance for the service disconnect. Heard you could buy him beer and lunch to get your permit signed off.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
service disconnects for the deli is right behind the meter. The Laudrymat is inside the lundrymat about 60 feet through the attic. Around these parts the old electrical Inspetor allowed any distance for the service disconnect. Heard you could buy him beer and lunch to get your permit signed off.
I would put the disconnect in the building with the stove. Will a firefighter entering the deli for a stove fire be able to immediately know that the disconnect for it is next door in the laundromat? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.