3-Phase Max Allowable Backfeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcabee

Occupation
Solar Designer
So I've got a 3-phase system that I am in the process of designing, and this is my first 120/208 3-Phase system I've had the pleasure to work with. The main breaker is a 600A and there is a 225A breaker feeding the sub panel that the solar will be feeding in to. Solar wise the system is going to be a SolarEdge 14.4k so I'm only looking to push 50A of backfeed. Now do 3-phase panels use the same 120% rule like a typical residential single phase main would? Or is there another way to calculate the max backfeed? Any feed back is much appreciated!

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
So I've got a 3-phase system that I am in the process of designing, and this is my first 120/208 3-Phase system I've had the pleasure to work with. The main breaker is a 600A and there is a 225A breaker feeding the sub panel that the solar will be feeding in to. Solar wise the system is going to be a SolarEdge 14.4k so I'm only looking to push 50A of backfeed. Now do 3-phase panels use the same 120% rule like a typical residential single phase main would? Or is there another way to calculate the max backfeed? Any feed back is much appreciated!
Yes; 705.12(B)(3) still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.