24vac for cctv cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the 24vac that feeds a cctv fixed video camera considered a class-1 circuit? If it is, is there an exception that allows me to run it the same conduit as the coax that feeds the video camera. The 24 vac terminates in a power supply that is in the same room that the coax runs terminate in,and each run of coax has its own power cable for each individuial camera,there is a total of 8 cameras.Also the contactor installing the cameras is requiring an alum type bell boxes to terminate their equip at each camera drop, do the boxes have to be bonded? The wires leaving the building will not be exposed,the wires will be in either pvc conduit or flex nm conduit.I am a little confused by art800-820 99nec on comm/catv circuits.

[ March 18, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: bill@usps06492 ]

bphgravity

Re: 24vac for cctv cameras

It is going to depend on the class identification of the 24-volt power supply. If it is a class 1 source, than the wiring will be class 1. I would bond the boxes if there is a potential that they may become energized

The power supply is rated at 48va @24vac, and I cannot seem to find any designation that it is for class-1 circuits.Would this rating be easy to locate on the power supply?

dereckbc

Staff member

Bill, try looking at your transformer. You should see it listed.

[ March 18, 2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: dereckbc ]

Status
Not open for further replies.