240 Pool motor/ chlorinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything against code if I have lets say a 10 amp pump motor 220v ran with #12 THHN on a 20A GFCI breaker and also feed a 220 Volt1.5 amp chlorinator off the same circuit? While on the topic of pools is GFCI protection required for pool lights under 30 volts now? I beleive they are required if above 30 volts, is this correct?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Is there anything against code if I have lets say a 10 amp pump motor 220v ran with #12 THHN on a 20A GFCI breaker and also feed a 220 Volt1.5 amp chlorinator off the same circuit? While on the topic of pools is GFCI protection required for pool lights under 30 volts now? I beleive they are required if above 30 volts, is this correct?

If the motors are hard wired, you need to follow the rules for multiple motors on a single branch circuit. Check out 430.53 for a start.

bphgravity

GFCI protection for underwater luminaires is required in accordance with 680.23(A)(3) of the 2011 NEC, which is the edition in effect in Florida. The requirement is for luminaires operating at more than the low voltage contact limit as defined in 680.2 (essentially 15V ac/30V dc).

Please keep in mind that Miami/Dade County and Broward County have passed ordinances limiting the operating voltage of new, altered, and repaired underwater luminaires to the low voltage contact limit in Section R4101.16 of the FBC-R and 424.2.16 of the FBC-B.

Thanks

Thanks

I understand the whole legality of running a feeder and fusing my motor loads. I am interested in knowing if I can run a 220v chlorination (not a motor, and not fused) on the same circuit as my 220v motor. The manufacture has said that is how it should be wired both load side of the same timer.

Is there any code that prevents putting another item on a motor circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.