2020 sprial bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonysolino

does any one have a copy of the 2020 NEC and if so can you tell me if there is a price on the back of the book to the right of the ISBN number, i was given this as a gift from a reltive and i am suspicious of the origins of the book this was 120-130 bucks, and if its a fake i would like for my family member to get their money back, this is my first 2020 and the paper stock cenguage used this time around (if legit) seems thinner than what i am used to with other documents Ive owned, never owned a loose leaf, (hoping it is real) might they use thiner style pages for loose leaf?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
That sounds about right on the price, but you can check at the NFPA. In the 2017 NEC the font was a bit smaller as every code cycle the new material made it many pages longer, so perhaps the paper is thinner as well.

anthonysolino

That sounds about right on the price, but you can check at the NFPA. In the 2017 NEC the font was a bit smaller as every code cycle the new material made it many pages longer, so perhaps the paper is thinner as well.
i have combed through it and none of the articles are missing, the holes seem all to be punched properly, my only hang up is that there is a price on the back of the book in the bar code section that shows $110.00. none of my other books have a price on them, not trying to be picky but i have a hard time charging people official price when in fact its a fake. hope maybe this is a true book. this would never last out in the field sprial bound is good for the office

Buck Parrish

My 2020 NEC spiral bound also says $110.00 above the bar code and to the right of the ISBN. I got it for less because I bundled with other NFPA stuff.

QES

Purchased both the real one from nfpa.org (April 2021) and the fake from Amazon ($86, April 2021).

The tall tale for a fake:
-steel spiral (the real is plastic)
-round punched with sticky pages (the real is elongated round)
-uneven shades watermarks
-darken and uneven gray highlights
-ISBN pricing is $110 (the real is $113.50)
-low text quality

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The Amazon stuff is not exactly "fake" as in counterfeit, but is produced by Amazon or one of their suppliers, under license from the NFPA provided digital master. The quality and type of material used in these publications is not under the control of the NFPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.