200A Panel with less than 4/0 aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
What I’m referring to is the fact that the controls on the inside are not 240 volts. So I understand it steps down somewhere so where does the non 240 current go on it’s way back to the pole. Do I need to be running an insulated neutral to the disconnect or is it really just 2 hots and a ground that only carries current in the event of a fault?
That reduced voltage is separately derived within the system. Controls current is returning to the SDS source within the equipment, likely a transformer with 240 volts on the primary side.

Never seen a mini split that needed anything but 240 volt two wire for the supply. My point earlier was because some these are international designed, if one the supply terminals is marked "N" it would be where you should put the grounded conductor in say European countries where you have 240 single phase with one conductor grounded.

Ok got it thanks guys. It’s my first mini split and I knew they had low voltage but didn’t know where it came from so thanks very much. I like to have no questions before proceeding. I’m sure we’re all going to get a lot of business with these things. It sounds like everyone is getting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.