2-CT Services 1 meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletis

Can anyone think of a way to meter 2 separate 400 and 600 amp underground services in a CT (20 ft apart) onto 1 utility meter legally and code ? I"m thinking just run 2 lines from LV metering lines to each service in parallel but not sure how that works really. Basically, this architect want me to cap off a perfectly good 600 amp service because on tenant finish it is in contract for owner to only supply 1 meter. This project will entail about a $15,000 additional charge to do all this.

fmtjfw

Can anyone think of a way to meter 2 separate 400 and 600 amp underground services in a CT (20 ft apart) onto 1 utility meter legally and code ? I"m thinking just run 2 lines from LV metering lines to each service in parallel but not sure how that works really. Basically, this architect want me to cap off a perfectly good 600 amp service because on tenant finish it is in contract for owner to only supply 1 meter. This project will entail about a $15,000 additional charge to do all this.

This is a question for the POCO. It's probably their CTs and their Meter. The CTs would certainly have to be the same ratio and the actual service voltages would have to be the same. The cost of two meters, even with monthly metering charges would swamp your $15K lump sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.