120v meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
So how do RV parks charge for power where your at?
He's north of us over the border in BC Canada.
Depends on the park. If it is a short term stay they usually charge an extra fee for electricity but don't meter it. Like $10 a night. If it is one of the places you lease longer term I am pretty sure you get your electricity from the power company. At least the ones I have seen appear that way, but admittedly a small sample.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
I can't make out a 'form' in the photo.
Seems like you could do a simple test with your ammeter, a space heater and thermos.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Bring thermos with warm drink for you and your pal, 1kw space heater and a good RMS clamp on ammeter.
Read the meter,
Plug in the space heater direct to the RV receptacle
and let it rip for an hour enjoy warm drink,
read meter again.
Should be 1 kwh more that it was.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
That meter says it has a Kh of 1.8, meaning that every disk rotation is supposed to be 1.8 watt hours.

A 1kW load should make the disk spin at 9.25 rpm.

At 120V 10A resistive load should give about 11.1 rpm.

As a rough sanity check 1 rpm per amp would be a good check.

Jon

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
they polled a few young adults and children and many of them couldn't read an analog clock. i.e. if the clock reads 10:30, they wouldn't tell whether the hour was 10 or 11, because it was in between the two :ROFLMAO:

With those dial meters, don't dismiss the possibility of someone misreading it.

Last edited:

Flicker Index

Occupation
Lights
@ThaDanimaleter I think the first thing for your friend is to see if he could arrange to meet with the person reading the meter and go to the meter together and have him/her read the kWh now. Take a picture of the reading. Does the meter reader's interpretation match the real reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.