120%RULE QUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris619

New User
Occupation
contractor
HI,
I am new to the forum and only a home owner. I have some questions that I hope you all may be able to answer. I have a 100 amp center fed breaker fed underground from utility, the transfomer in across the street. I am attempting to install a 38 400watt panels.

1. Can I install a subpanel (125amp busbar rated), using a 65 amp breaker to feed subpanel, and install 4 20amp circuits from solar panels to subpanel (no other load in subpanel except 15 amp breaker for envoy) without changing main service panel?
2. Change out 100amp main service panel to a 225 amp service panel, but not repulling wires from transformer, I would make the main breaker in new main service panel 100amp (whats existing) and then intall the solar to new main service panel. So the new busbar rating would be 225amp. My concern is the wire sizing from main service panel to transformer is still only rated for 100amps.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC® Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Knowledge and the practical application of the National Electrical Code is an essential part of all electrical installations. If it's important for you to understand the National Electrical Code, then look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.