10' rigid conduit C1D1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
Where is it mentioned that a 10' RMC or IMC is required at both ends for a C1D1 area for fuel. I do find in exception 2 that the last 24'' of conduit can be rigid as long as its 2' deep and conduit finish grade or am I wrong to say. What if a portion of the conduit runs under asphalt or grass a portion of the way? I tried searching my first question but cant find it then I ran into second. For informational use only.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
The IMC/Rigid requirement is 501.10, for dispensing the n0n-metallic exception is in 514.8
Does that answer your question ?

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
The IMC/Rigid requirement is 501.10, for dispensing the n0n-metallic exception is in 514.8
Does that answer your question ?
I was looking to see where the requirement calls for a full stick of 10' of IMC or RNC is required. The code calls out a seal within 10 or boundry or emergence but not necessarily the conduit needing to be 10' On jobsite today someone made a comment if a full stick of conduit is required at each end for dispensers. I looked but can only find 514.8.. The questioned was asked because we have an inspection next couple days and inspector mostly looks for the 10' RMC or IMC at each end when using PVC. 514.8 does allow 24' rigid for dispensers with pvc 24''

Status
Not open for further replies.