10 Milli-Amps Highest Let Go Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Video where someone actually does the "let go" experiment. Above 10ma is the point where this adult male finds it difficult to let of the grips going hand to hand. No organic damage or loss of heart function is observed. (video is benign, but requires a sign in)

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
From personal experience I know that at 300 mA you cannot let go of a full hand grip on 1/2" pipe, and that your hand move about 10 inches at about 5 Hz subharmonic.
Back in good old days before lawyers everywhere, high school physics class (hey Gar, chime in<G>) had a hand crank generator with a 60 W bulb. Also attached were 2 pieces of 1/2" rod for the adventurous student to grab.
So, a jock cranking, I could let go at 30 mA. Clever 'friend' reaches over and unscrews the 60 W lamp, my hand-hand current went to near 300 mA (0.3A). Both arm like I was really going at a knife blank on the anvil, shaking up and down about 10 inch, definetly could not let go.

Serious old data:

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
From personal experience I know that at 300 mA you cannot let go of a full hand grip on 1/2" pipe, and that your hand move about 10 inches at about 5 Hz subharmonic.
Back in good old days before lawyers everywhere, high school physics class (hey Gar, chime in<G>) had a hand crank generator with a 60 W bulb. Also attached were 2 pieces of 1/2" rod for the adventurous student to grab.
So, a jock cranking, I could let go at 30 mA. Clever 'friend' reaches over and unscrews the 60 W lamp, my hand-hand current went to near 300 mA (0.3A). Both arm like I was really going at a knife blank on the anvil, shaking up and down about 10 inch, definetly could not let go.

Serious old data:

Yup- though the thing is duration is just as profound as current magnitude. To often duration is ignored or left out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.