0-10v low voltage dimmer wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylelee

I have a job to install about 50 pcs led fixtures and it requires low voltage dimmer. But according the code we not allowed to have class 1 and class 2 circuit in the same box. How to guys run the low voltage dimmer and how you separate them and what kind of 0-10v wire you guys using?
I found out the US has the AFC luminary cable can runs them in same cable. However it looks doesn’t have the csa approval. Can I use the shielded fire alarm cable?
Let me know you have any idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
I am not framiliar with and Toronto Codes in particular, but in my 2018 CEC 16-212 (5) seems to allow the AFC luminary cable:

Notwithstanding Subrule 3), electric lighting, power, and Class 1 circuit conductors shall be
permitted to be used in a cable that contains Class 2 circuit conductors, provided that the cable is
marked as being suitable for applications of Class 2 circuit conductors that are
a) intended for the supply or control, or both, of remote devices associated with the non-Class 2
conductors; and
b) insulated for the maximum voltage of any conductor in the cable.
Also I have see products with control circuits marked class 1, which opens up more options.

Terminator5047

Occupation
Electrician
I have a job to install about 50 pcs led fixtures and it requires low voltage dimmer. But according the code we not allowed to have class 1 and class 2 circuit in the same box. How to guys run the low voltage dimmer and how you separate them and what kind of 0-10v wire you guys using?
I found out the US has the AFC luminary cable can runs them in same cable. However it looks doesn’t have the csa approval. Can I use the shielded fire alarm cable?
Let me know you have any idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the label on the driver most likely it’s all class 1 now that was a problem with older generation of 0-10v most are all class 1 bow

Status
Not open for further replies.