0-10v control within SJ cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an installation that needs to be portable and includes several groups of dimmed fixtures that have only a 0-10v control option (phase dimming would make life easier, but is not an option #$%@) The fixtures will be disconnected and reconnect as the installation travels to multiple locations. The action needs to be effortless and error resistant.
The fixture power and control wire will be wired into troughs (that include related dimming modules, Lutron VIVE power paks) and connected with quick- disconnect fittings. cable and fittings will al be labeled...
When the installation is in transit the cables will be unplugged (the entire installation is broken down and then reassembled ...think Trade Show-like) and then reconnected at the new location.
Is it possible to run the 0-10v control wire in any flexible cable (SJ..)? MC Luminary cable (flexible metallic cable) is not an option since I can find no quick disconnect that works with it.
Currently we have the power and control wires separate, (zip-tied together to make it easier, less of a rats nest... ); however a single connetion would be simpler... hence my query

Attachments

• control disconnect_2021.10.13.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 5

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
If you install ALL of your 0-10v wiring using an approved wiring method for power and light, the you can remove the reference to class II wiring from the power supply and essentially reclassify the power supply as a class 1. Thereby making it legal. In most cases, the power supply for 0-10v dimming is the drivers. In rare cases, it is the dimmer "switch".

Status
Not open for further replies.